Tulsi Weigh have been into weighing industry since last five decades. We have not only seen the evolution of it but at many places even administered them. With both experience and data of various industries we have found that service has to complement the product. Here we would like to share what should be your thought process to choose the right services for your weighbridge.
There is no way one can ignore the significance of measuring the weight of goods for a business to run properly. Weighing determines –
- The correct quantity
- Security of goods
- Logistic time
- Production forecasting
These are just few of the most important thing that is determined by a simple act of weighing.
Think of it this way – If the process of weighing is missing we fail to forecast manufacturing, delivery time, and measure of the quantity itself.
This makes the process of weighing not only necessary but critical as well.
We have emphasised on the point on how to maintain your weighing bridge. Not only as a supervisor but also as an owner. We have been talking about creating maintenance processes that will help you in a long run.
What we would take up today is beyond the periphery of the owners of weighbridge. You would be needing services pertaining to weighbridge. This is because of the unforeseen and non-controllable factors.
- The monsoon is a challenge for the weighbridge. The pit often collects water and affects the load cell.
- Operational wear and tear and calibration faults
- Power surge or error in power supply
These are few of the reasons when your weighbridges need professional engineers to look at the issues and resolve them.
As we discussed how critical weighing is for businesses and this leads us to be very thoughtful in choosing service providers for weighbridge services.
With our experience we have seen that customers are benefited the best when the weighbridge service providers can –
- Provide services within 24 hours
- Provide spares whenever required without delay
Both of the above points though looks obvious as a services provider is still very challenging. We will take up in our next article as how can you partner with your service provider so that you can get a better service in return.
Why do we consider the above points as challenges to weighbridge service providers?
- Having a network of engineers spread across multiple region is challenging. It tremendously increasing the operational efforts and cost.
- Having spares stocked locks the budget of service providers. Assume that they have stored spares and have not been utilized for months is a dormant asset. They could have rotated the money for operations.
Though there is a constant tussle in bringing up efficiency, the winner is always the one who could forecast and plan. We would take up an article on how we do that internally that has helped us to achieve the above two. This takes time and experience but once you achieve it becomes a rewarding asset.